Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What I'm reading at the moment ...

I got details in the post this week about registration and induction, so I think it's time I got organised. I have an ever-growing bibliography of articles and google books, but not too many physical books. At the moment I'm dipping into 3 whenever I get a chance - Nurturing Creativity in the Classroom (2010) edited by Ronald A. Beghetto and James C. Kaufman; Zing! Seven Creativity Practices for Educators and Students (2010) by Pat Mora and 100+ ideas for Teaching Creativity (2007, 2nd Ed) by Stephen Bowkett. The first is a collection of current research in the area and will definitely be useful. The other two are lighter reading, Zing! contains a series of letters from the author to teachers and is interesting enough, but a bit condescending in tone, while 100+ ideas gives a good synopsis of areas to look at in more detail later, as well as practical advice, games and activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment